Prairie Blue


...............at my front door spinning...................just some simple thoughts & happenings of an ordinary woman.....

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

precious little stitches....




just a few little stitches to share with you today.........................a half finished embroidery of my Mom's............the starting a simple sampler by one of my girls many years ago........and the sweetest little bird pin cushion from my sweet friend Linda............................and a very special prayer stiched by my great-grandmother.................................all with very precious little stitches...................................................................i am blessed!




stop by http://www.1890gablehousemusings.blogspot.com/ to visit with all those joining in the chain

8 comments:

Debra said...

What wonderful needlework! Thanks for sharing!

Audrey said...

Beautiful...loved seeing your stitcheries.

Deppen homestead 1862 said...

Hi, Denise
I have been wondering>>waiting to see if you would join in>>

Just took my breath away, so beautiful the prayer by your Great-Grandma, Stitches started but not finished! You can see the age & the beauty on the beautiful pieces! The pin cushion so sweet!
Wonderful treasurers>>I am sure held so close to your heart!
as always an enjoyable visit, ah
Blessings,
Teresa

Kattywhompus Primitives said...

Hi Denise,
I love to visit your blog...there's always something beautiful to see & read. The prayer is wonderful...and stitched by your great grandmother-wow, extra special!
I love seeing the half finished pieces too...almost looks like the "stitcher" laid them down for a bit and will be back to finish.
The little bird pinny is also very sweet.
You are blessed to be a blessing-for sure!
Rhonda

from me to thee......... said...

Denise, sweet post.....you have been in my thoughts the past few days......smiles and hugs, Linda

Lorna/Live Oak Primitive Peddler said...

Beautiful stitcheries!! Such wonderful treasures!!
Blessings,
Lorna

1890* said...

love stitched....started but never finished
B*E*A*U*T*I*F*U*L!!!

Jan said...

I love this little sampler prayer. I haven't heard that before but it is almost like an answer to the prayer we say at night. Now I lay me down to sleep.....