Prairie Blue


...............at my front door spinning...................just some simple thoughts & happenings of an ordinary woman.....

Friday, January 13, 2012

wool room....

this room................................well..........................has been everything................................living room when we first moved here....................dining room....................my shop.......................our bedroom..........................now it has evolved into the every growing "wool room".........................so thrilled i have a place i can store all of my goods........i have also started collecting a few textile tools...................would love to move this room around a bit, but it really will only go one way...............this sofa was my great grandparents (one of those old mohair kind)......would love to have one of those nice high back setees..........................keep hoping one will just happen to appear at my doorstep.......................just like the dog i have been praying for.............................hey, miracles happen...............................................! .............. just an added little note to Linda.....this is an older shot of the room......antique rug is still there, i will get a new picture of it soon! ........................................................ i am blessed !



7 comments:

Raymond Homestead said...

I love this room, love that floor! Where did you get your curtains?

rememberwhenfarm said...

hey Denise, where is that old rug you had hung over the clothing?? I miss it, it looked so pretty there?

A Primitive Homestead said...

Wonderful work room. I got one of those rooms to that has had many uses. It is now the game room but is gradually evolving into my sewing room I hope. Wagon sofa table is so cool. Blessings!
Lara

prims by olde lady morgan said...

Love your room.. The wagon as a coffee table, so prim! OLM

TheCrankyCrow said...

What a warm and homey room filled with amazing pieces....That couch is almost like ours...I bought it many moons ago from my aunt when I got an apartment in college - it was covered with itchy old brown mohair and "ate" anyone who sat in it. A few years after my husband and I got married, we scraped our pennies together and had the springs re-tied and had it re-upholstered...I was going to replace it when it needed reupholstering again, but found out the newer couches were too large for the only place a couch fits in our living room....So, it got reupholstered again....and sorry to say, it needs it again. If ever the fairy with the high back settee shows up at your house, please send her my way!! ;o) Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin

Simply Shelley said...

It's a very nice room.....I love the old wagon with the Raggedy Ann...blessings

Mary said...

I love your dresses. I would love that collection! Mary