Prairie Blue


...............at my front door spinning...................just some simple thoughts & happenings of an ordinary woman.....

Thursday, August 2, 2012

a broken treasure........

as many of you know......my son in law is an auctioneer..................................when i go in to pick up the little one for our day together, i scan the auction for a treasure that i "must" have........................my heart skipped a beat yesterday for these broken treasures...................this is exactly how they looked (with the exception of a watering can spout tucked inside)............................they are the tiniest of things 8" & 4"
i left my bid........................hoping, but not expecting to be the winning bid.........................$11.............I think i am a winner!..................................i really don't know what it is about "broken treasures" that capture my heart............................................i love the tattered.....torn............chipped.....crazed..............imperfect.............................................you know...just like we ALL are..........................we are flawed......................we make mistakes.....we are tattered, torn, chipped, crazed and imperfect as well...........................but.............God accepts us just like we are and loves us anyway..................................yes .........we are all a "broken treasure"
...................................................... i am blessed !

9 comments:

Cathy G. said...

And not to mention old! LOL! Those little baskets ARE treasures! What a find!!
Still enjoying the book.... another treasure! Thanks again for sharing!!
Hugs!
Cathy G

Angela said...

Love your broken treasures. I too am drawn to items with flaws. Just feel a connection. One of my favorite treasures is a old rag doll I found out junkin. She only had one eye. A kind reminder that neither she nor I are without flaws. But we are loved unconditionally. Such a good post. I really enjoyed the message. Have a great day
Angela

Pendleton Primitives said...

What wonderful treasures! And how fun and interesting it must be to see so much history come through via your son.
~Christina

Primitive Stars said...

Hello, great post, I also love the old worn the better look. Such sweet old baskets, how can you not love them, so glad they found a warm and comforting home. Blessings Francine.

Dirty Martini Queen said...

I think part of what draws me in is thinking that someone loved it enough to save it all these years so I must continue along those same lines. Wonder if my nieces and nephews will keep my well worn treasures or will it just be junk to them?
Enjoy your beauties!
Donna

Earlene said...

Eciting Find and 11.00 WOW!

denise said...

the baskets are beautiful!!!!! just wanted to let you know i am enjoying my Mustard Seeds book. denise

Heather Wise said...

I am so in agreement with everyone else. I am drawn to the chipped, cracked, love-worn things. I always feel sad that they are passed over. I think they are perfectly prim! It is exactly what we are until our Heavenly Father makes us whole. Beautifully said! Amen!

TheCrankyCrow said...

If they had not their character, they would be like every other one, no? Perhaps that is what God sees in us as well. Beautiful and touching post, Denise. Smiles & Imperfect Hugs ~ Robin