Prairie Blue


...............at my front door spinning...................just some simple thoughts & happenings of an ordinary woman.....

Thursday, September 24, 2015

treasures in the cupboard.......

when i opened the cupboard door.......memories washed over me & i was taken back to my childhood....filled with times of love & warmth that i never want to forget.....

this sweet lidded crock sat on the back of the stove...filled with bacon grease....the salt shaker close by....

we had neighbors (Clyde & Ev) that lived up the road from us....it was a treat to stop in for a visit with them......having no children of their own, i felt special...loved...& welcome when i would stop by.......one day, Ev gifted me (Josephine, their nickname for me) with this delicate little flower pot......don't know how i have kept it safe all these years.................................................

my Mamaw Hill had the gift of painting bottles (treasures i have spoken of on here before), while at Granny's one day, we got out the paints and i proceeded to paint this clock jar......after i was married and had children of my own, Granny on one of her visits. brought this jar, filled with dimes that Grandad had used  in the cupboard for a bank for years......i don't even remember painting it....but thankful for the gift.....

my Great Grandad Wampler had this cracker jar in the middle of the kitchen table.....filled with ginger snaps & a tiny glass of water to keep them soft.............................................

Granny's sugar & creamer.............................................

a mug that my Uncle Gerald gave me when i was a little girl...................

and...................my most prized possession...................the kitty teapot that Mom & i would have tea from, every afternoon after we would watch the Loretta Young show........
this day was one of smiles ................... tears ............ memories that are still so vivid & sweet ............................................     i am so blessed !

4 comments:

Unknown said...

oh my, what a wonderful post my friend.....isn't wonderful that these simple things bring back such memories....my mom would fix a pot of hot tea usually on Sunday afternoon (after our Sunday drive) especially when the weather was cool/cold, I always liked hot tea with milk and sugar.....

Primitive Stars said...

Morning, heartfelt post, such wonderful treasures to hold dear to your heart. Blessings Francine.

Mary @ Neat and Tidy said...

Wonderful!!!!! Thank you for sharing your treasures and memories. What a blessing to have both.

Elizabeth said...

Wonderful memories and treasures! I too watched the Loretta young show as a young girl and loved it and her!