Prairie Blue


...............at my front door spinning...................just some simple thoughts & happenings of an ordinary woman.....

Tuesday, July 5, 2016

leather britches.....

i can't believe it is time to string the leather britches again ....... seems just yesterday i sat on the porch to string last years greens ..................           what a calming ..... satisfying chore  .......  as I sit with string & needle in hand , i can't help but think of ladies in the past that preserved their goods for the coming winter in such fashion ........... probably with worn hands ... an old tattered house dress .... loose
 
apron strings & a few little ones hanging off the rocker & sitting on the porch steps listening to Mamma sing an old hymn as she holds the needle & string in hand .... in the same fashion as i............


.................... i am blessed!

3 comments:

Winnie said...

I never heard about "leather britches" so your post is fascinating to me! The strings of beans look beautiful all strung together. Thank-you for this interesting post about traditions of past generations.

Anonymous said...

Will you be offering any for sale? I'd love to have some!

Prairie Blue... said...

Andrea I will have some for sale later..... Takes awhile for them to dry, so I do several over the summer!