Prairie Blue


...............at my front door spinning...................just some simple thoughts & happenings of an ordinary woman.....

Sunday, February 12, 2017

she loved purple....

today would have been my Mom's 90th birthday ........  gone at 73 ......... seems like yesterday in so many ways .... i am an only .......... wondering if that is why we were always so close ..... each other's person ...... my encourager ...... my cheerleader ........ my one true thing ................ and .......   for some reason today ....... i kept thinking ....... she loved purple ........ makes me smile ! 
................................. i am blessed ! ............. love you Mom💙

2 comments:

Winnie said...

Ohh, Denise, look at your cute little self and your Momma's pride and joy!! I was the last of 5 children in my family, but my Mom had a special way with each of us and I loved her fiercely. When she passed, it felt like a huge hole in my heart and there in not one day that passes that I don't think of her and give thanks for her. Blessings to you and your Mom for helping to make the world a kinder and happier place for so many friends and family! Mustard Seed Hill continues to delight many who know you or attend the Neighbor's Tours each year. You Mom would be so proud of you and how you have kept her family and love of simplicity alive and thriving. Happy Birthday blessings in her memory and to you who continues to keep her love and many gifts alive for your family and others.

Lady Locust said...

Absolutely beautiful. I say God gave us memories so we could keep loving them. Aaaand, purple's a good color :)