Prairie Blue


...............at my front door spinning...................just some simple thoughts & happenings of an ordinary woman.....

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

hello new friend.......





recently i posted my saying good-bye to an old friend..............our old iron bed!...........well here is her replacement................still doing some tweaking in the room, here and there......but overall i am adjusting............................it looks black in these photos, but i stained it dark walnut............................we have so much wood in the room, i was afraid to go the same color, so opted for darker...........................with mattress it is waist high, so a foot stool is needed.................had the coverlet in the shop (just waiting for me to bring it in)........for right now hung the same quilt on the top......till i get a rug finished to hang in it's place...........made new linen lampshades............trying to decide whether to switch the homespun curtains for tobacco cloth......................................................it has been a good transition, glad we went for it, glad it's over..............now for other transitions.....................................................i am blessed!

6 comments:

Raggedy Angel said...

I LOVE your new friend......Looks so wonderful!Beth

Anonymous said...

so beautiful!! I love love it!

~Judy~ said...

AWESOME BED!!

Farmhouse prims said...

I love your decorating, it looks like something from a prim showroom or a prim magazine!!!! It is beautiful!!! Where do you recommend buying coverlets. thanks! Lecia123@verizon.net

QUAINT AND PLAIN said...

LOVE YOUR NEW BED & THE ROOM LOOKS WONDERFUL...~ B

Anonymous said...

Just found your blog via a link from another. I absolutely love and adore your blog posts. I also love old photos and everything else listed on the side that you love. Old quilts and blue calio's are among my top votes. I really loved the tribute to your Grany. How poinant you write and think. You are like an old soul in a modern day.... you are beautiful. I look forward to reading more of your posts to come.