Prairie Blue


...............at my front door spinning...................just some simple thoughts & happenings of an ordinary woman.....

Saturday, January 25, 2014

I'm spinning.......

i don't know when my fascination with spinning wheels began..................i think when my Mom bought me a make-do spinning wheel years ago.....................................i have several....mostly were my Mom's.....along with yarn winders.................................now the fascination has expanded to spinning wheel photos.......?
 love these........................................and i am slowly collecting parts to old spinning wheels to hopefully assemble some make-dos for the shop......................................
 i find it so amazing.........................................i love them so.......................but do not know how to spin!
 that is next on the list.............................................never too old to learn....right?
.............................................................. i am blessed !

2 comments:

Lady Locust said...

That cracks me up. I have a spinning wheel too. I really don't know how to spin, but I started to learn this last summer. Now I need more fleece to learn on:) Maybe more this summer. I also have a loom I don't know how to use! We would make a great team - heehee.
Fiber is just facinating to me.
Smiles

Unknown said...

love those old photo's Denise.....it is funny/interesting what sparks are interest's and collections...