Prairie Blue


...............at my front door spinning...................just some simple thoughts & happenings of an ordinary woman.....

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

the sweetest sound....




outside my window today is the sweetest sound................you know that amazing little tune that a bird will sing.............the one of hope..comfort..joy..peace.........................that tune that gives you the lift you need for the day....the one that cheers you on to better days...................................a few years ago, while caring for my parents, is the first time that i actually noticed birds singing at night..............oh what a comfort at a very difficult time..............................................this postcard is dated 1909~Laura C. has written FORGET ME NOT.........somehow it makes me think back now to those long difficult nights.....i will not forget how God allowed me to notice birds singing in the night..............................i am blessed!

1 comment:

basketsnprims said...

The birds outside my window today are really chirping and singing. I have some windows open as it is so beautiful here today. Love the old postcard.
Pam