Prairie Blue


...............at my front door spinning...................just some simple thoughts & happenings of an ordinary woman.....

Sunday, July 10, 2011

so her....so me....

yesterday was the most wonderful day...........an afternoon meeting up again with an old friend.....we had been out of touch for awhile......with an invitation for scrapbooking, my day was made........................snacks......laughter.....a new scrap technique..........................and a friendship rekindled.......................................i kind of chuckle at the difference in us.......she is a pink kinda gal...check out her scrap room....................................it is so her........ i on the other hand.................a room with rusty cans.....grungy boxes.....old jars....and antique drawers..............................it is so me.......................it all works...........................


i have just been thinking lately.......that is exactly what makes friendships work as well.......we are all different, ...........personalities..........tastes.............style....................but.......we love and appreciate what another gal has to offer..............................even if it's pink....loveya Kathy !


.............................................................................................i am blessed !



8 comments:

annie said...

Give me the rusty cans, boxes, drawers and cupboards! One of sisters would die for that pink room! Our friends help define who we are, but they love us even in our differences! Great contrast in this post!

Anonymous said...

what a wonderful way to spend a day with a friend

Angela said...

So glad you had a great day reuniting with a friend. Of course I love your prim room but that pink room is so darn cute too. None of my friends here at home share my love for prims and the crafts I do, but their friendships are priceless. Have a great evening.

Meadowbrook Cabin Primitives said...

Friends .. thank the Lord for them !

The pink crafting room is really nice ~ very organized and colorful ..
but my heart is with yours with those olde wood boxes and jars, etc !

Hugs,
Linda

jennifer768 said...

Friends are found treasures from heaven .So glad that the two of you were able to spend the day together! Love how organized and color coordinated your friends room is but I would have to pick yours as my style.I would love to see more pics of your craft room.I am trying hard to prim up my room but I have no storage space.Have a great evening,Jen

Vicki said...

SO glad you had such fun with your old pal! I am sure she enjoyed it as much as you did. As you said none of us have to like the same things and it just works doesn't it? You know me...old,prim,stinky,ratty,beatup,etc....things
that us girls just have to have! Have a good evening my friend! Love ya...

TheCrankyCrow said...

Perfect display of the contrasts that make us all whole....I love the pink and funky green - it truly is gorgeous...but I would be more at home in your space...the warms, the olds, the used-to-be's.....A real lesson in life - our blended differences make us appreciate our uniquenesses more....Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin

Deppen homestead 1862 said...

Denise
Great post~ the differences, but a strong friendship~ I have a friend we are like that she loves Modern~ funny we both admire each others talent at decorating~
smiles
Teresa