Prairie Blue


...............at my front door spinning...................just some simple thoughts & happenings of an ordinary woman.....

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

ummm patina.....



oh my.........this is my thing.........i am a patina, texture kinda gal





bricks covered with moss..........old blue paint on the side of an old table...........the door to the outhouse.......................





an old laundry basket..........................







old limestone.....................i love the way the stone ages.......

the way the moss creeps into the cracks and crevices and shows

it's age and tells the story.............................
my daddy made this log planter..................and the limestone birdbath was his first piece of lathe work....................(he had to beg my mamaw not to paint it!).......................the piece with the scripture was made by our daughter in a Bible class in college............................

i so love how the moss has collected and stayed in all the right places...............








just a few of my favorite patina pieces.........................i could go forever on the this one.............



..............................................................................................i am blessed !



please join in on the visits with the www.1890gablehousemusings.blogspot.com the chain today, if you haven't guessed is ...............................patina !

10 comments:

Green Creek Primitives said...

Love the old blue paint on the table and the old laundry basket, anything with patina I love. Vicky

Kattywhompus Primitives said...

You have some wonderful old things, aged gracefully. I love seeing the treasures from your family. Thank you for sharing them with us. :)
Rhonda

Deppen homestead 1862 said...

Denise
Wow~ I sure can tell you LOVE patina~ Beautiful photos~ Wonderful work by your Father & daughter!!!!
smiles
Teresa

Robyn ♥ said...

I agree, UMMMMM! You have such wonderful pieces! Love me some patina!!

TheCrankyCrow said...

Gorgeous Denise! I love how moss grows on surfaces and just softens them so. That bird bath and the scripture piece are precious....and priceless. Thanks so much for sharing (you could have gone forever with this you know...we'd have LOVED it!) Have a wonderful week! Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin

Beckyjean said...

Beautiful patina Denise!!

Blessings~Becky

Raymond Homestead said...

Anything old has great patina!!

jennifer768 said...

Wonderful patina Denise ! Love everything.Hugs,Jen

prims by olde lady morgan said...

WONDERFUL pieces!! the door, the basket, oh my! OLM

coinguyslady said...

Thanks for following my blog.I love when new people stop by so I have someone new to get to know.Love your blog and your profile sounds so much like me and how my family thinks about me.