Prairie Blue


...............at my front door spinning...................just some simple thoughts & happenings of an ordinary woman.....

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

old lace......


i have been thinking of these pieces of lace for days........i am really not a lace person, but my mother loved it......cherished it's value....it's workmanship......it's dainty little ability to put a smile on your face......................she was so thrilled when a piece would come into her life at an unexpected moment.......................so all those pieces were treasured by her, and now by me, hanging in my craftroom window as a curtain .......letting the sunlight filter through the tiny little threads that have been woven together.......woven into precious memories .................."Lord, let me grow old like beautiful lace, cherished and treasured and cared for with grace..." unknown..................................................i am blessed !

No comments: