Prairie Blue


...............at my front door spinning...................just some simple thoughts & happenings of an ordinary woman.....

Friday, September 30, 2011

the branch.......

oh those days of wading in the creek.........i found this picture on pinterest, and it so reminded me of Granny & Grandad's creek behind their house.....................................it just took me back.......back to a time of calm........not a care in the world........a time, where you could swing over the creek on a grapevine rope.........................or stand on the ledge of a huge piece of limestone (it's not so big seeing it as an adult)......................and watching skaters in the water......oh i loved the rustle of the leaves in the fall.............................Granny ringing the dinner bell when it was time to come home......................and by the way, she always called it "the branch".......i still call it the creek.................................but you know, in honor of her.......maybe i will just start calling it "the branch"...............and ring the dinner bell too........................... ...................................................... i am blessed !

7 comments:

1890* said...

BEAUTIFUL!!

Penny said...

A lovely post -- very sweet and wonderful memories of time gone by.... makes me think of my carefree days of childhood, too....
Thanks for sharing.

Angela said...

Aren't we blessed to have memories? No one can take those from us. A beautiful fall picture.
Have a great weekend
Angela

TheCrankyCrow said...

So uncanny and touching Denise....We had a creek that ran through our lower pasture very much like that one - I was once asked to visualize a place that calmed and soothed me and that was the place. It is gone now - but will never be forgotten. Thanks for showing me again....Hugs & Blessings ~ Robin

Deppen homestead 1862 said...

Denise~ I pictured it, could smell the woods & the creek(Branch)and hear the dinner bell~ oh, you have wonderful memories~ that always stir up some of mine~
smiles
Teresa

from me to thee......... said...

That almost made me cry Denise, what a wonderful memory. Branch, I love that....smiles, Linda

frontporchprims said...

That is a beautiful picture and such lovely memories to go with it. I long for the times when things seemed slower and simpler. I was born to late though!! -Steph-