Prairie Blue


...............at my front door spinning...................just some simple thoughts & happenings of an ordinary woman.....

Sunday, June 21, 2015

a giant of a man....

i remember the day when someone told me......"your Dad was so strong, he could hold up the corner of a building"......i was actually told that when he was at his weakest........................what an uplifting moment to be brought back to the time when he was strong....when i could dance with him on his shoes....when he could lift me anywhere i wanted to reach....when he showed me how to do the broad jump.....when he could work with stone, till his hands cracked...then reach up with those hands to give me a hug & bite on his finger as he gave me a love pat...................when he reached for his tall glass of sweet ice tea.......................and without a doubt...EVER..........................i knew i was loved.....miss you Daddy!!! ...................                        .i am blessed!

3 comments:

kelley said...

I too was blessed with a wonderful father...such a bittersweet day...hugs

Primitive Stars said...

Touching post, Blessings Francine.

bettyj said...

What an eloquent post. We all had those giants and am missing them. We were blessed.