Prairie Blue


...............at my front door spinning...................just some simple thoughts & happenings of an ordinary woman.....

Thursday, August 30, 2018

oh where does time go....

i really don't know where the sweet days of summer dwindled off to...   the hot days  are starting to pass & occasionally a day or two with a hint of Autumn in the air...... this morning i actually smelled the faint scent of woodsmoke......hoping you have all had a special time of memories made & times of blessings!

i am so blessed.......!

3 comments:

Lady Locust said...

So good to hear from you. It is canning season at our house. We are blessed with plenty to preserve😊
Smiles of joy to you~

Winnie said...

Hi Denise and Happy Fall!! It is so good to hear from you and I hope your Summer has been wonderful too. September is always exciting for me as Fsll is my favorite time of year. While Summer drones on here with no signs of letting up, the new acorns are falling once in awhile, the Cicadias are now buzzing loudly in the evening, butterflies are everywhere, and our Florida Seminole pumpkins are ripe. They are a relative of Butternut squash, but can grow in a shape similar to a regular pumpkin . My daughter had a huge harvest of them so I spent some time today cooking and freezing some for pumpkin breads and pies. But, I still have a big basket full awaiting attention in my Buttery. Yes, we are blessed with such beautiful produce from our summers!,

Ellena said...

Great readinng your blog post