Prairie Blue


...............at my front door spinning...................just some simple thoughts & happenings of an ordinary woman.....

Thursday, January 30, 2020

reset...refresh...renew........

it was the moment i decided it was time for a reset in the shop....ever have those kind of moments where one thing leads to another................i needed more display space.....thinking box up & carry out EVERYTHING & start a new......then the idea to paint ........this carport was enclosed a little over thirty years ago......never repainted...never rearranged......................
amazing what a little reset...refresh...renew can not only do for a shop/home..............but..........finding it helps ....spiritually...physically....emotionally....................i had almost lost my joy.....i struggled last year being creative....Mustard Seed...needed a bit of faith to keep being able to create.......
not totally back together yet....but on its way................ya’ll do you need to be refreshed....renewed....& reset....maybe you just need to empty & start again............

.................i am blessed. πŸ’™πŸ•―

2 comments:

Winnie said...

After the Christmas holiday I found myself wanting the same sort of paradigm shift in my own home. Change. I wanted change, but not sure what and where to look and start. It all sort of organically started with a purchase in the family room that required this cascade of moving furniture around. That expanded into bedroom closets and a general relook at all storage in the house. Boxes were sorted out, Useable items were passed on, much was discarded( why do we keep stuff for years and years all boxed up???), and finally little ideas of change came to mind. A few new things were found on sale or in antique stores, and hours and hours began switching things up. My favorite change was finding old brick peel and stick contact paper, whose idea I had seen in a Mercantile Gathering magazine, and giving my kitchen a backsplash it never had. Plain paint was papered over and the end result was a look that the kitchen had been part of an old house. Wow, what a simple change that gave my entire kitchen, which is an ever evolving piece of work to make more primitive,

While thumbing through the old Mercantile Gathering magazines, I came across some of your home features that were in past issues. Your home and store is like a wonderful walk back in time, but I know from your past blog posts, it has been a work in progress one step at a time. I am excited to hear more about your new clean up, freshen-up, change up ideas. Your sharp eye for authenticity and ability to imagine how to create a space with using simple old pieces will no doubt pull together the change as you move along into that redo that your re seeking.

I think creativity has to have it’s own “Winter” to rest and just be. Without it, the can be no Spring. Please keep up posted on what your do as Mustard Seed Hill and your Homestead gets a lot of TLC from it’s devoted caretaker. Your Granny and Mama would so love that you are preserving their legacies and loving and caring for the family home . It is the stuff American stories are written about that tell the story of life lived well so long ago. I for one appreciate your keeping the home fires burning up in Heltonville and sharing with others in both magazines and online, the value and beauty of simpler times. Thank-you!

Prairie Blue... said...

Oh sweet Winnie.......my my my you are an encourager.......your words have brightened my day....& days aheadπŸ’™πŸ•―