Prairie Blue


...............at my front door spinning...................just some simple thoughts & happenings of an ordinary woman.....

Monday, February 27, 2012

craft room corner....

my craft room is so tiny ............. blessed to have one, thrilled to have one ........... do i always craft in here .... no .......... i usually drag it throughout the house ..... (workin on that one) ............
 my mom rescued this old lamp from mamaw hill's house when things were divided ...... it has a cool onyx ball on the bottom of this brass base, and the old silk shade is very worn ......... going through mom's collection of old lace and crocheted pieces i found this circular piece that fit perfectly (that's my mom's graduation picture by the way)
 i felt inspired yesterday to name my dress maker form ...... "Pearl " will be her name .......... who knows why, other than it was mr. prairie blue's grandmother and it just came to me .............. some more of mom's old crocheted lace & old tape measures .................
and this is part of my pincushion collection ........... the oats box was mamaw's as well and is filled with old crochet thread and hooks .......the one that looks like a hat was my grandmother wampler's and the blue satin heart was my mom's (  i am sure she made it )
just a few of my treasured things ........... in my craft room, where i can enjoy them daily .......... and ........ reflect on things of the past .......... those things that bring me pure joy .........................

........................................... i am blessed !

4 comments:

from me to thee......... said...

one of my very favorite rooms in your home!!!

Sandy, Sisters of Season said...

Sweet pics . . . absolutely love your pin cushion collections, beautifully displayed too:O)

jennifer768 said...

Love your pin cushion collection!I am always intrigued by your craft room.Thanks for blessing us with more pics.Hugs,Jen

mary pernula said...

I am blessed to, I have a sewing room and a office/ guest room/ craft room......however I seem to move things into the frontroom. I am trying to work on working in these rooms so I do not drag it out and have to put it away. Hugs Mary